The Kelowna United Select Program is for players ages U13 to U18 of similar skill and passion who want to learn more and continue to grow their soccer and game skills. Evaluations are held in mid-July and September for the teams so training can begin after school commences. The program is 10 months with twice weekly training sessions. Exhibition games are held throughout winter when possible and teams attend tournaments in early spring before League Play begins.
The KU Select Program includes:
- Indoor training (twice weekly) at one of the Kelowna United domes in either Rutland or Mission throughout the winter
- Outdoor training (twice weekly) in the fall and spring.
- Strength and Conditioning sessions included in some of the training.
- 45-60 training sessions plus games per year.
- Participation in two or three BCSA sanctioned tournaments through the season.
Kelowna United prioritizes coach and player development.
- All coaches are selected by our Technical Director through an application process. Many coaches are parents who are then provided the additional training and practice regimen prescribed by BC Soccer and KUFC’s technical staff. Coaches must complete all levels of training required by BC Soccer and attend Coach Training Sessions every three weeks with KU Technical Staff.
- All selected players will have outdoor training in the spring and fall and indoor training during the winter at either our Mission or Rutland Indoor Facilities.
- Practices are twice a week - typically Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs.
- All teams play in a BC Soccer League with League Play April through June. Playdowns occur in late June to determine who will represent our Region at A or B Provincials in early July.
- Provincial Cup level will be determined by the end of May.
- League Games are home and away against each team in our league. Some travel may be required (day trips) depending on which clubs field a team in each age group.
- Teams are encouraged to enter two or three tournaments during the season.
- Sanctioned Tournaments can be found on BC Soccer’s website - https://bcsoccer.net/sanctioned-tournaments.
- Travel and accommodations for tournaments are arranged by families.